YouTube is a Google owned website that allows people to upload videos of their own original content to share to the world. YouTube has been used as a method of trolling Ghost, the host of the True Capitalist Radio broadcast.
Ghost's YouTube ActivityEdit
Ghost has a YouTube channel that he occasionally uses. Ghost often Tweets YouTube videos to his Twitter followers. The followers raid the video, disliking it and leaving harsh comments. Ghost has received several complaints from video uploaders about the misconduct of his fanbase, causing him to rage back at them during the broadcast. Ghost has uploaded a handful of capitalist-related videos.
Ghost vs YouTubers Edit
Ghost holds a deep resentment for many popular professional YouTubers, most notably Markiplier (which he pronounces "Markipiler") and Pewdiepie. He believes that YouTubers are "talentless twats with bad lighting" and self-centered idiots, and often references the existence of YouTube channels who do mundane activities such as cutting things in half. Ghost is particullary pissed off with YouTubers because he sees them as a cause of the absolute pussification of modern male, the lack of talent that he thinks making videos takes and the "materialistic zombie idiot" fans that blindly follow these YouTubers. As a result Ghost see YouTube as a contributing factor to Junkyard America. Comparing Ghost to popular YouTubers can elicit rage and rants from him.
After several popular YouTubers such as Boogie2988 and LeafyIsHere where hacked in June and July of 2016, Ghost reacted by stating that the said YouTubers deserved to get hacked and refused to confirm or deny if Capitalist Army had any involvement with the hackings.
None of the YouTubers Ghost has mentioned seem to even know he exists. However, popular Leafy-clone Pyrocynical appeared in TheBronyNetwork's stream of the show during Capitalist Episode 358 and confirmed that he was a former listener of the show before Ghost's hiatus, while being surprised that he had not yet heard about the show's Return.
YouTube has become the place where almost all new remixes, splices and outtakes from Ghost's show have been uploaded, completely replacing the soundboards. DarkRazorZ has a popular YouTube channel that he formerly used to regularly upload best-of outtakes from Ghost's show, mostly radio graffiti and rage-quit calls. Since the Return though he has been busy, apparently, with military service and has not continued to upload.
YouTube has also been used to upload animations of Ghost throwing his beer cans around his office made in Garry's Mod and Source Film Maker.
Ghost frequently rants about how he will get punitive damages "out of your ass" for uploading besmirching videos of him onto YouTube and other websites. He claims that he's contacted people and websites and that its "in the works". It has been at least six months since the original claims and nothing yet has happened to anyone.
Ghost allowed users to upload videos of themselves with his merchandise to prove that it arrived. He offered to follow them on Twitter until January the 8th for it.
There are various YouTubers who regularly and popularly upload videos of and relating to Ghost to YouTube. Among these include:
- DarkRazorZ - Helped to popularize the show, especially Radio Graffiti and the trolling aspect of it. His first video is the most popular video relating to Ghost on the internet and has over 750,000 views. Its popularity skyrocketed immediately and brought floods of newfags onto the show during the summer of 2011. After uploading Ghost's Emergency Broadcast in 2016, he has remained inactive due to being in the USAF, which he sometimes says was thanks to Ghost.
- ElFoxoLoco - Regularly uploads entire Radio Graffiti/Twitter Shoutout segments. ElFoxoLoco's videos regularly get views in the thousands. Due to DarkRazorZ's absence since The Return, he has taken the reins as the main uploader of Radio Graffiti and Twitter Shoutouts, though he has started editing out failtrolls and brown nosers.
- 213 - Used to upload all his own calls to YouTube, being one of the most popular TCR trolls, though since 2012 many of them have been deleted.
- Coodoo17 - Features many of his full prerecorded insult carols on his channel and a compilation of all his pre-hiatus calls with Ghost's reactions, as well as some other TCR-related content. Prophetically, he also has a video from 2014 mocking Nickelback's "Photograph", which would go on to be a major trolling meme.
- The Brony Network - Livestreams almost every new episode through YouTube and hosts the only current mirror/backup of each episode. Despite being a brony and often making fun of Ghost in the stream, he has a decent relationship with Ghost and is a member of the Inner Circle (though Ghost refused him permission to upload recordings of Inner Circle chats).
- J-Man Capitalist - Uploads many of his splices and also a compilation of Ghost's reactions to his featured splices to YouTube under the moniker "SneakiestChameleon", encouraging other trolls to play them on Radio Graffiti. For untold reasons, a few of the splices are unlisted and can only be found in his TCR-specific playlist.
- Bmar896 - A Garry's Mod animator who hosted Ghost-Trolling collabs, and also an occasional uploader of TCR segments.
- Metroid Junkie - Created a Source Filmmaker series called "Kapitalist Kooks" that utilizes clips from Radio Graffiti. He has called into the actual Radio Graffiti on occasion, and is noteworthy for playing Metroid music on a piano.
- Sonicrules831 - Created an ongoing parody series of Radio Graffiti in which he has actual TCR trolls make calls and splices to his fake radio show.